Saturday, August 8, 2015

You Can't Make Me Do It, but you can sure as Hell make me wish I had....

In digging through my personal library (euphemism for collections of stuff), I came across a 2 page manuscript with the same title as this post.  I recognized it immediately as the beginning of a book I promised myself I would write after I left my 12-year stint as a Probation Officer. 


It was printed on a dot-matrix printer, and as I recall had been created in a now long-defunct computer program called something like GeoWorks.  I no doubt saved it on some sort of floppy disk, but have no clue where, and am sure Microsoft doesn't make a translator for such a program.


No problem!  I have what amounts to the Introduction, as well as my preliminary list of chapters.


Here's a teaser from the intro:


"A lot of people will probably do with this book what I did with the one about black militancy back in the 60's when I left my all white school, went off to college, and realized that there really were things I preferred not to know about or think about."


Darn it....now I gotta write the darn thing

No comments:

Post a Comment